A lot of people that are following the hCG diet plan are quite inventive now. Since the particular diet actually requires you to eat a heavily calorie restricted meal plan, they have created amazing recipes that are still within the bounds of the hCG diet.
What I mean by this is that a lot of people have created new recipes and they are willing to share them with the world.
In this article, I am going to share with you a soup recipe that is not only spicy but healthy as well. The dish we’re going to cook today is the hCG Diet Spicy Cabbage Soup.
This recipe is safe to eat during phase 3 of the hcg diet and, with certain modifications, you can actually eat the hCG Diet Spicy Cabbage Soup in phase 2 of the diet.
So, what are the ingredients that you will be needing to cook the hCG Diet Spicy Cabbage Soup? I am glad you ask because without further ado, here is the ingredients list for the recipe:
4 oz raw meat (chicken, lean beef, shrimp, crab, lobster)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup of chopped spinach
1 cup shredded cabbage
2 Tablespoon of tomato paste
1 cup celery diced
1 Teaspoon garlic powder or fresh chopped garlic
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 Teaspoon onion powder
1-3 tsp ground red pepper
- Put your raw meat of choice on a pot with a few cups of water (just enough to cover it with 1/2-inch clearance). Put it over medium-high heat.
- When the water starts to boil, add all of the vegetables in the pot and cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add the spices and add some more water (just enough for all of the vegetables to be covered in water).
- Add 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste and let the mixture simmer over medium heat.
- Let it cook until all of the vegetables are tender (usually around 5-10 minutes).
- Add seasoning to taste; it can either be 1 teaspoon of sea salt or another serving of tomato paste.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
And that’s about it! This dish is good for only one serving, though, but I have to say that the soup is damn delicious!
Now, I did indicate 1-3 tablespoons of ground red pepper on the ingredients list. Now, if you only want a mild to moderate spiciness to the soup, just add 1-2 tablespoons and it should work. However, if you want it to be really spicy, you can add 3 tablespoons (though I have to warn you, it can get really spicy considering this is a hot soup).
The hCG Diet Spicy Cabbage Soup is a great dish for people who are looking for a spicy soup dish that they can eat while on phase 3 of the hCG diet. Again, with certain modifications of the recipe, you can actually eat this even while in phase 2.